Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanksgiving FREEBIE To Help Teach Thankfulness

Being Thankful in a World that Seems Less and Less Thankful I am not sure about you, and maybe it is just a sign of me getting older, but it seems that more and more people are less and less thankful for things that they simply take for granted in life. From our freedom to clean drinking water to the basic necessities of food, clothing, and shelter, our children are learning to feel entitled to having these things as opposed to being thankful for them. I am excited about an idea I had while thinking about my own children and the greed they sometimes exhibit during the holiday season. Thinking about others who suffer during these next months, I want my children to experience the holidays in a different manner. I want them to start taking the time to be thankful for the things that they have instead of being full of desire for the things that they don't have. Since my own children span from first through eighth grade, I knew in my heart that this idea might benefit other students as well. I created a FREE version of this resource with 4 thankful certificates that can be attached to the "Thank It Forward" certificates for others to continue showing thankfulness. For those wanting more thankful certificates to choose from, I added 12 more to the resource and have that available for only $1.00 in my TPT Store. I plan to use funds from this resource for my children and I to shop for others in need during the holiday season. You can click on the image below to find the item in my store. I hope you find this resource useful for your own children and/or students!  photo af31a2a1-7386-4732-8a45-21d8274dcb88_zpsafaaab84.jpg This is the link to download the FREEBIE! Please leave feedback and let others know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...